Sunday, June 21, 2009

Contentment and Relaxiation

So, things have been slowing down lately, or I guess I should say picking up. I really like my job (heck, I just sit there and drive around in circles and talk to wack-o people, what could be better??) and its great being home. Every night before I go to bed, I take a second and think how wonderfully grateful to not hear that dumb, blasted train that I hear all the time up at CBU (welcome to city living! haha). I really do love the countyside for as much as I actually complain about it. Its nice and...peaceful. Sort of relaxing and theraputic if you actually step outside for half a second and just absorb some of the fresh air. I beleive that this week I will go swimming quite a bit. If the weather is decent that is. Thats an other thing! i am so sick of this June Gloom weather! this is san diego for pete's sake! not tacoma! I havnt been around for the past 3 years in June really so to come and live at home in the midst of all this! omg its quite annoying. Almost everyday at Lawrence Welk Resort people ask me "where's the sun! I thought this was supposed to be the land of nice weather?" and I feel badly for the poor saps from michigan who plan their family vacations to come to SD in the summer bc of the nice weather.
On that note, seeing that I am such a heat lover, I am thinking that I am going to be in a l-i-t-t-l-e bit of trouble when I move to Prague! I have been emailing back and forth with a woman who's family is form our church and she runs a hostel over there. She emailed me today and said "make sure to bring warm clothes! i never go anywhere without my silk long underwear on under my jeans". Silk long underwear?? you mean they have different kinds of long underwear these days?? oh my heavens, I do believe I will have to buy a whole new wardrobe over there...either that or have it ordered from a catalogue and shipped to my house from minnesota! good greif! i think that if i went into any store around here, even in the winter time, and asked for long underwear, they would be like "look lady, are you from africa or something? its like 60 degrees here, you really want long underwear?" ha!
Well, enough about the weather.
IDK why but I always seem to be musing about something, and i guess since i drive around all day and look at the sky, the weather is on pretty top priority :)
I am looking for some good movies to watch this summer. I have realized that I pretty much watch the same favourite movies over and over again. Most of the normal, popular movies that are good and clean I have never even heard of before. So, if you know any good ones, let me know.
I am also scouring the internet for cheap plane tickets. I am not looking to buy one for Prague just quite yet bc Im not 100% certain that I am going yet. There is still off the paper work that needs to get done, and need I even state it, the money to be paid. If you know of a particularly helpful sight (not just the regulars that every Joe Blow out there uses) let me know. Or better yet, if you know a travel agent who will give me a good deal (aka free, or almost free :)) that would be great too.

A couple of prayer requests if I may
-to be a light at work in a non christian environment.
- for my dad to be able to get a job/things to pick up for him with real estate and his vynal window sill company
-for health for my sister amanda as she constantally does not feel well and just has annoying aches and pains all the time
-for our missionary friend Wixi (who we met in the Caribbean several years ago). She just had a baby and she was a premie. IDK anything about how their situation is other than what I have seen on facebook and all, but pray for their little daughter Anah Grace (and Wixi and Dave, mom and dad)
- that some old friendships would be rekindled this summer and that I would be able to begin hanging out with friends regularly.
- that details about Prague would come together smoothly (even though its not until January)
-that information about schools to transfer would come and that I would be guided to make the best decision academically, personally, and financially

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Praise Him all creatures, here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts!
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment